Introducing the The Norovirus Lateral Flow
For the rapid chromatographic immunoassay for the qualitative detection of Norovirus in human faeces.
What is the Test?
The Norovirus Cassette is a qualitative, lateral flow immunoassay for the detection of norovirus in human faeces.
*Tests are professional use only under clinical settings.
What is the Disease?
- Noroviruses (NoV) are a genetically diverse group of single stranded RNA, nonenveloped viruses belonging to the Caliciviridae family.
- Three genogroups have been identified with the genus norovirus. Genogroup 1 and genogroup 2, associated
with human infections and genogroup 3, associated with bovine and porcine infection.
- Noroviruses are a major cause of acute gastroenteritis worldwide, often causing explosive outbreaks in institutions.
- The symptoms of norovirus illness usually include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, and some stomach
cramping. Sometimes people additionally have a lowgrade fever, chills, headache, muscle aches, and a general sense of tiredness.
- The illness is acute and usually mild, although it has caused fatalities among the frail and elderly. It is also self-limiting, following an incubation period of 24-48 hours although cases can occur within 12 hours of exposure; symptoms typically resolve after 1-2 days.
- Noroviruses are highly contagious, with an inoculum of as few as ten particles being able to cause infection.
- Transmission occurs through ingesting contaminated food/water and by person-to-person spread;
predominantly faecal-oral but may be airborne due to aerosolization of vomitus.
- The ability of noroviruses to cause outbreaks in institutions has become a major public health issue,
infection can be associated with restaurants and institutions as diverse as nursing homes, hospitals and elite sporting camps.
- Infections in infants, elderly or frail patients can be fatal if left untreated.
Why use Norovirus Lateral Flow Cassette?
- The PathFlow™ Norovirus Cassette provides rapid test results allowing for improved decision-making abilities;
improving patient management and outcomes.
- Swift norovirus identification and detection is pivotal for the prevention and management of outbreaks;
especially in a clinical/healthcare environment.
- Simultaneous testing for genogroups 1 & 2.
- Complete system, no additional reagents required.
- Simple and easy to use.
- Rapid result offered within 15 – 20 minutes.
- In-built procedural control.
- Can be used with both solid and liquid faecal specimens.
- Point-of-care ICD test.
Best In Class Performance
- Sensitivity – 95.7%
- Specificity – 91.7%
- Accuracy – 94.3%
About Katalyst Laboratories
Katalyst Laboratories is a leading distributor of diagnostics testing equipment, PCR assays and LFT tests.
Fully supported by training, support and regular bio surveillance updates.
Katalyst Laboratories stands at the forefront as a premier provider of intelligent healthcare solutions, spanning across hospital settings, residential environments, communities, surgical facilities, laboratories, and retail establishments
We’d love to hear from you.
Please send a brief summary of your project and requirements and we’ll be in touch to discuss further.